The majority of firms that approach us have had difficulty bringing their websites in line to make them ‘FCA compliant’. If your firm is doing its best to be compliance friendly, here are a few tips to help you:
- Ask a friend or family member who is not involved with your business to look at your website. Ask them what impression they get about your firm when they scan from page to page.
- Does your website explain what the firm does and what it doesn’t do? How clear is the content on each page? Does each page contain a specific set of information that is clearly presented for visitors to read and to understand?
- Think about the information you provide about your services and products. Do you include the risks and potential negative aspects about each option available to customers, as well as the benefits?
- Do you signpost to the ‘Money Advice Service’ and is this message displayed prominently on your website?
- Go to the FCA website at http://www.fca.org.uk and review the relevant rules in ‘CONC’. You will find all you need to know about how to produce a compliant website for debt management.
If you want to check the compliance of your website against FCA rules, give us a call on 01376 514 166 or visit our website.